Wednesday 2 September 2009

3123% in Six Months!

The spread betting portfolio that I ran as an example in my forthcoming Stop Orders book (Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk) has now been closed out for a total return of 3123% in six months. I started the portfolio in March 2009 with only £288.02 "net equity" and in the 26th week I closed all of the remaining open positions for a final "net equity" (including my previous withdrawals) of £9226.55.

This feat was achieved through a combination of position sizing, leverage, stop orders, and pyramiding as described in the book.

In previous installments I have included a table showing the ups and downs (mainly ups) of the portfolio over time. They say that a picture paints a thousand words, so here is the portfolio appreciation in graphical form:


No comments:

Post a Comment